The Sea Gate
It is the second of the two original entrances to the city.
is well preserved and it has a beautiful architectural structure.
It was constructed by the Venetian Nicolo Prioli in 1496.
The gate with iron grating dates back to the Venetian period,
whereas the wooden, ironclad gate was made by the Ottomans.
Over the gate is the emblem of the Venetian Republic
the winged lion, the name of Nicolo Prioli
and his insignia, and the year 1496 carved on
marble. The marble is thought to have been brought from Salamis.